You Are Reading

Picasso, Madonna, Paris and cushions...


...it may seem an odd combination but there is a link.

I received a mail asking if I would like to feature something for under a £100 from the Conran Shop's new Spring accessories collection which was spooky because I was going to feature the above cushions anyway. As soon as I saw them I loved them but then I have always had a soft spot for Picasso.

There are three different cushions available, Femme a La Fleur and La Ceinture Jaune are shown above with the former being my favourite. They are woven on a traditional loom by French craftsmen and are available for £69 each. It's probably the closest I will ever get to owning a Picasso.

I was reminded of one of the best weekends I have ever had with David. It was way back in the Summer of 2002 (can't believe it was that long ago!) and we had booked tickets to go to the Matisse Picasso exhibition at the Tate Modern on the Friday afternoon. It was mayhem! Jostling to get a good position to view those incredible masterpieces was tiresome and annoying but it was worth it. Breathtaking. Afterwards we walked over the Millennium Bridge back towards St Paul's Cathedral, it was a beautiful sunny day and we stopped half way across looking west along the Thames and one of our favourite cities looked glorious and hazy lit up by the afternoon Summer sun.

That night we went to see Madonna at the Wyndhams Theatre in Up For Grabs, I loved it and thought her acting was actually very good. When we left the theatre it was torrential rain outside, David bought a cheap umbrella and we ran across SoHo to a restaurant which we had booked. We sat soaked to the skin and laughed our heads off much to the dismay of some of the other rather snooty diners.

The next day we jumped on the Eurostar and sped off to Paris for a couple of days, David had been before but it was the first time for me. We stayed in a small loft apartment in the Marais district which had the most amazing huge winding staircase leading to it with peeling paint on the walls and worn down stone steps. Paris was so humid and sticky but thankfully the evenings were cooler and on the Saturday night we walked down towards the Seine where we stood on a bridge with a full moon reflecting on the water.

Happy memories and gorgeous cushions!

Comments for this entry

PopArtRockGirlYeah!

These are my favorite cushions evah! I would like to have seen a Francoise Gilot one too tho (note to Conran Shop!) x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.